This is a collection of great moving forward quotes in life, letting go of the past, and moving forwards to success and inner happiness.
It is remarkable that the quest for moving on is not just a recent development, and there are plenty of ancient sayings just as relevant in today’s society as current statements.
The quotes are sorted in chronological order by birth year of the author. Hold on to them, play with them in your mind, and use them when you need inspiration and strength.
- Holding on is believing that there’s a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.
- Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.
- Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.
- I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.
- I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on.
- Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
- There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.
- The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.
- Pain will leave you, when you let go.
- I think every girl has that a guy she has trouble letting go of.
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.
- Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.
- The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.
- Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?
- I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.
- If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did. And accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go.
- I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.
- The truth was, he now belonged only to my past, and it was time I begin to accept it, as much as it hurt to do so.
- I’m guilty of giving people more chances than they deserve but when I’m done, I’m done.
- Letting go. Everyone talks about it like it’s the easiest thing. Unfurl your fingers one by one until your hand is open. But my hand has been clenched into a fist for three years now; it’s frozen shut.
- “It’s time, Perry”. He let her go. She took a step back, taking in his face one last time. His green eyes. The bend in his nose and the scars on his cheek. All the tiny inperfections that made him beautiful. Without a word, she turned and made her way downhill.
- The art is not one of forgetting but letting go. And when everything else is gone, you can be rich in loss.
- If you want to fly on the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down.
- The best skill at cards is knowing when to discard.
- No matter how bad you want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, you’ll have to pass and move on.
- It’s you who has to hold on to earth. You have to tighten your grip—which means letting go of him.
- It is by giving the freedom to the other, that is by letting go, we gain our own freedom back.Accept the fact that you will grow apart from people you’ve had significant relationships with. Understand when someone no longer positively affects your life. Let them go. Don’t hinder your growth
- The person who doesn’t value you is blocking you from the one who will. Let them go.
- Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.
You may also want to read here : The best moving forward quotes for you