The NWS has issued a severe thunderstorm watch, a special marine warning and a coastal flood advisory for our area.
• Marine: Waterspouts, wind gusts in excess of 50 knots.
• Coastal Flood Advisory: Flooding of low lying areas along the coast, especially at high tide, predicting 2 feet above astronomical tide levels. NOAA tide predictions:
• Residents are urged to actively monitor their favorite news station or the National Weather Service at (http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tbw/).
• Mariners should heed warnings on small craft advisories.
• Do not drive into flood waters, “Turn Around, Don’t Drown”.
Hernando County Emergency Management will continue to monitor the situation. The EOC is not activated. Use normal office numbers to contact the EM staff. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.