Due to the most recent heavy rains, Hernando County is experiencing flooding on various roadways. At the present time, the following roadways are closed due to flooding:
• Culbreath Road (near the Pasco County Line)
• Various locations on Wiscon Road
• Broad Street (US41) and VFW Road
• Broad Street (US41) and Croom Road
• Broad Street (US41) in various locations throughout the city of Brooksville
• Candlelight Boulevard and Moonlight Lane
• Fort Dade Avenue (near 19049)
• Easy Street and Middleboro Street
Please note, many of these intersections/locations are within the city of Brooksville.
IMPORTANT – If you see water covering the roadway, DO NOT drive through it. Select an alternate route. Thank you.
An updated list of roads that are closed due to flooding is as follows:
• Cortez Boulevard (State Road 50) and Nancy Ave
• Croom Road from Broad Street (US41) to McIntyre Road
• Culbreath Road (hear the Pasco County line) still has some standing water
Again, if any roadway is covered with water, please DO NOT drive over (or through) the water. Select an alternate route.
More rain is expected later today and throughout the week. Please use caution when driving in the rain and when approaching water on the road.