Dental Caries is one of the most chronic diseases that affect life of mankind and from last few years it is in limelight just because of the researched going on its prevention as well as treatments. With this ongoing research, one substance came into the world of investigations and it represented a remarkable efficacy for treatment of Caries; this substance is well known by the name of Xylitol or Xylit. We must say thanks to anti-cariogenic characteristics of Xylitol that made it best option for beating the two major causes of caries: It helps in reduction of tooth damaging acids as well as decreases the formation of plaque.
What is Xylitol?
Xylitol is actually a naturally occurring five carbon type sugar polyol which is famous for its white crystalline carbohydrate property. Although, it is naturally found in most of vegetables, fruits as well as berries but one can also manufacture it in artificial manner with the help of xylan rich materials of plant as like beechwood and birch. Studies reveal that from last few years the consumption of sugar has been increased by great amount and children are more influenced by this growth thus people are searching hard for some artificial sweeteners or some kind of noncaloric sweeteners that are effective enough to control health disorders while maintaining weight issues. Xylitol is oroven to be one of the best artificial sweeteners for all such products and researches show that almost 35 counteries throughout the world have started using Xylitol in their routine products as like confectionaries, syrups, toothpastes, chewing gums, oral health products, pharmaceuticals as well as in other food items.
Consumption of Xylitol:
Researchers have approved up to 5 to 7 grams of xylitol consumption per day for improved health benefits and it can be done three times a day. In order to prevent dental caries you can increase this consumption up to 6 to 10 grams per day, note that amount of xylitol consumption per user also depends upon his/her digestive system abilities as tolerable limits varies person to person.
How Xylitol can be beneficial for my teeth?
- The first most reason of its successful performance over reduction of dental caries is its ability to reduce generation of plaque in human body. Actually the major reason behind dental caries is growth of bacteria; it is believed that an effective dose of Xylitol leads to decrease in formation of plaque by almost one third level that ultimately leads to reduction is bacteria growth leading to prevention from bad breathe, ear infections, nose and throat issues and many more.
- Xylitol is capable enough to work on remineralisation effects that ultimately assist in much improved dental health.
- It is possible to use xylitol for kids in order to protect their teeths from damage caused by sugar products. Prefer to give xylitol chewing gums to your children as it will clean their mouth in perfect manner while reducing production of bacteria.
- Xylitol is also beneficial during pregnancy due to its tremendous health benefits.
- It is one of the best alternatives to diabetes patients because it is as sweet as table sugar but leaves only positive effects on body.
More information is available at: zahnzucker.de